Hydrosalpinx means the fallopian tube is filled with fluid. It can be present in one or both of the fallopian tubes. As the sperm needs to reach the egg to fertilize it and turn it into a healthy embryo. The eggs must reach the uterus too, to get fertilized by the sperm. The fallopian tubes serve that purpose by transporting the released egg into the uterus. Once these are blocked, the passage of egg is hampered thereby affecting the chances of fertility. This type of infertility is known as tubal factor infertility. This can be treated and the patient has a fairly high chance to be a mother.
Reasons behind the occurrence of Hydrosalpinx
- Trauma to the fallopian tube
- Pelvic Infection or sexually transmitted infection
- Intrauterine devices
- Any previous abdominal surgery
How the Diagnosis of Hydrosalpinx is made?
The most common and painless diagnostic procedure is Ultrasound. These sound waves give a fair idea about the fluid in these tubes. This fluid is said to build-up due to some infections, most likely and the scarring of the fallopian tube occurs too which makes it less functional.
Problems Hydrosalpinx creates
Other than creating fertility issues, hydrosalpinx can be problematic for the baby even when you have conceived. For example, if one tube is blocked and the other is open, then the lady can still conceive as the eggs are released alternatively from each tube every month. So even after the lady has conceived, there are chances that the fluid from the fallopian tube can leak inside the uterus. This fluid can be toxic to the embryo thereby creating a high miscarriage rate.
Treatment of hydrosalpinx
- Laparoscopic Tubal Clipping – The most minimal invasive as well as effective treatment is Laparoscopic Tubal clipping. In this procedure, a laparoscope is inserted inside the abdomen by keyhole surgery. A camera is attached to the probe to provide guidance to the surgeon. Through that probe, the fallopian tube having hydrosalpinx is detached from the uterus. This tube is then clipped so that it can not discharge any fluid to the uterus. This protects the embryo. Another tube is also examined for any pathologies.
If that tube also has some issues then IVF is the preferred method.
- Laparoscopic salpingectomy – It is performed in more severe cases of hydrosalpinx. The fallopian tube is removed to prevent any chances of infection or miscarriage.
- IVF treatment in Delhi – The in vitro fertilization or IVF is the preferred method in such cases. As the patient’s eggs are taken painlessly and they are fertilized in the lab with their partner’s healthy sperm. The embryo thus formed is kept in the embryoscope for a few days. Then the embryo is transferred in the patient’s womb and a pregnancy test is performed after 14 days.
So, you can become a mother even if you are suffering from hydrosalpinx or any type of tubal blockage. Don’t give up on your dream to become a parent and meet the most experienced doctors in Delhi for hydrosalpinx treatment and more. We are also known as the best IVF center in Delhi.
Book Appointment here or call us at 91-11-45890000, 9910120674.