With over 43 years of clinical and academic experience in the field of Infertility and Assisted Reproduction, Dr. Nalini Mahajan, is a pioneer in infertility management and advanced ART techniques.
OPD Timings:- 8.45 am – 10 am Mon- Sat At Ferticity Fertility Clinics, 12, Navjeevan Vihar- 01145890000
10.30 am – 2.00 pm Mon-Sat
At Mother And Child Hospital, D-59, Defence Colony-
D-59, Defence Colony-01141030715
Scientific Director &
Sr. Consultant Reproductive Medicine
Ferticity IVF, Delhi
With over 39 years of clinical and academic experience in the field of Infertility and Assisted Reproduction, Dr. Nalini Mahajan, is a pioneer in infertility management and advanced ART techniques. Her success with assisting couples to achieve both natural and assisted conception is amongst the highest in India.
Awarded with the President’s Gold Medal for standing first in MBBS in Delhi University, Dr. Nalini Mahajan graduated from Lady Hardinge Medical College, Delhi University in 1974. Adjudicated as the best candidate in Medicine and Surgery as well as rewarded with the Pfizer gold medal, she went on to pursue an MD in Obstetrics and Gynaecology from Delhi University and then a Master’s in ART from Nottingham University in UK 1994, being the first Indian to be awarded the degree with honours. She established one of the first IVF centres in Delhi as Mother and Child Hospital in 1995 and established couple of state of the Art IVF centres in Delhi NCR. Under her leadership many centers have achieved national rankings. Her noble initiative to form the Fertility Preservation Society (India) in 2014, to create awareness amongst society and the medical fraternity regarding the fertility needs of cancer survivors, has led to an immense change in the way oncologists address this issue. She is working with the NGO ‘Can Support’ to help cancer survivors in India achieve a good ‘quality of reproductive life’. She is the first to perform ovarian tissue activation in India and pioneers ovarian tissue vitrification. On the International front, she is the secretary and founder member of the Asian Society for Fertility Preservation which aims at improving knowledge, research and quality fertility preservation services across Asia. Her work in the area of fertility preservation earned her a seat on the board of the International Society of Fertility Preservation. Nationally she has been the past president of the Indian Fertility Society and is on the executive board of the Indian Society for Assisted Reproduction.
She currently holds the following prestigious positions
- President- Fertility Preservation Society (India)
- Secretary- Asian Society of Fertility Preservation.
- Board member-International Society of Fertility Preservation
- Chairperson- Reproductive Endocrinology Committee AOGD
- Patron and Chairperson Public awareness committee of PCOS Society India.
- Member Ethics committee of ISAR.
- Editor in chief ‘The Onco Fertility Journal’ official journal of FPSI
- Invited faculty for Virtual University of Reproductive Medicine.
She has been guiding ART fellowship students and periodically holds continuing education programs and workshops in ART and Fertility Preservation to promote good science. She is on the editorial board and a reviewer for many prestigious journals on ART. She has many papers and presentations to her credit on national and international forums.
Her Research Interest areas in the field of ART are:
- Endometrial Receptivity –published the first Indian paper on ERA (Endometrial Receptivity Assay) which has been widely read and cited.
- Recurrent IVF failure – conducting an ongoing trial on the effect of various modalities for improving IVF success rate.
- Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
- Women with poor ovarian reserve.
- Advanced Maternal age – improving success rate in older patients with their own eggs using advanced techniques like Pre-implantation genetic screening/testing (PGS/PGT)
- Genital Tuberculosis – prepared the AOGD guidelines for management of FGTB. These guidelines aid gynaecologists making the right decisions on treatment of GTB and avoiding indiscriminate use of anti-tubercular drugs.
- Investigator on the Oncofertility models of care – an International Study on Oncofertility.