+91 9910120674, +91-11-45890000 Mon - Sat: 8am to 7pm email@example.com
Dr. Nalini Kaul Mahajan
Dr. Nalini Kaul Mahajan is a pioneer in infertility management and advanced ART techniques. With over 43 years of clinical and academic experience in the field of Infertility and Assisted Reproduction, she is a real gem in the field. She is the Scientific Director & Sr. Consultant Reproductive Medicine at Ferticity Fertility Clinics, Delhi. Her success in assisting couples to achieve both natural and assisted conception is amongst the highest in India.
Dr. Nalini’s Education
She has been awarded the President’s Gold Medal for standing first in MBBS at Delhi University.
Dr. Nalini Kaul Mahajan graduated from Lady Hardinge Medical College, Delhi University in 1974. Adjudicated as the best candidate in Medicine and Surgery as well as rewarded with the Pfizer gold medal, she went on to pursue an MD in Obstetrics and Gynaecology from Delhi University and then a Master’s in ART from Nottingham University in UK 1994, being the first Indian to be awarded the degree with honors.
Dr. Nalini’s Work-Experience & Accolades
Dr. Nalini Kaul Mahajan established one of the first IVF centers in Delhi as Mother and Child Hospital in 1995 and established a couple of state of the Art IVF centres in Delhi NCR. Under her leadership, many centers have achieved national rankings.
She founded the Fertility Preservation Society (India) in 2014, to create awareness amongst society and the medical fraternity regarding the fertility needs of cancer survivors. This has led to an immense change in the way oncologists address this issue. She is working with the NGO ‘Can Support’ to help cancer survivors in India achieve a good ‘quality of reproductive life’.
She is the first to perform ovarian tissue activation in India and among the pioneers for ovarian tissue vitrification. On the International front, she is the secretary and founder member of the Asian Society for Fertility Preservation which aims at improving knowledge, research and quality fertility preservation services across Asia. Her work in the area of fertility preservation earned her a seat on the board of the International Society of Fertility Preservation. Nationally she has been the past president of the Indian Fertility Society and is on the executive board of the Indian Society for Assisted Reproduction.
She currently holds the following prestigious positions
- President- Fertility Preservation Society (India)
- Secretary- Asian Society of Fertility Preservation.
- Board member-International Society of Fertility Preservation
- Chairperson- Reproductive Endocrinology Committee AOGD
- Patron and Chairperson Public awareness committee of PCOS Society India.
- Member Ethics committee of ISAR.
- Editor in chief ‘The Onco Fertility Journal’ official journal of FPSI
- Invited faculty for the Virtual University of Reproductive Medicine.
She has been guiding and mentoring ART fellowship students and periodically holds continuing education programs and workshops in ART and Fertility Preservation to promote good science. She is on the editorial board and a reviewer for many prestigious journals on ART. She has many papers and presentations to her credit on national and international forums.
Her Research Interest areas in the field of ART are:
- Endometrial Receptivity –published the first Indian paper on ERA (Endometrial Receptivity Assay) which has been widely read and cited.
- Recurrent IVF failure – conducting an ongoing trial on the effect of various modalities for improving IVF success rate.
- Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
- Women with poor ovarian reserve.
- Advanced Maternal age – improving the success rate in older patients with their own eggs using advanced techniques like Pre-implantation genetic screening/testing (PGS/PGT)
- Genital Tuberculosis – prepared the AOGD guidelines for the management of FGTB. These guidelines aid gynecologists in making the right decisions on the treatment of GTB and avoiding indiscriminate use of anti-tubercular drugs.
- The investigator on the Oncofertility models of care – an International Study on Oncofertility.
To get treated by the most experienced fertility doctor in India, Call us at +91-11-45890000, 9910120674 or book an appointment here.