+91-11-45890000, 9910120674 Mon - Sat: 8am to 7pm email@example.com
Immune Fertility Testing
A Woman’s immune system is designed that way that it helps to grow the embryo in her body without considering it as a foreign object. However, if the female’s body is suffering from any kind of immunological disorder then it starts taking the fetus (embryo/baby) as a foreign object and kills it. This kind of immunological disorder leads to frequent miscarriages and failure to implant the embryo via IVF is severe cases. The immune fertility testing helps in diagnosing these disorders so that they can be treated leading to a perfect pregnancy and delivery of a healthy baby.
What are the signs of Immunological disorders in a female?
- Frequent Miscarriages
- Failure of IVF
- Symptoms like flu or infection after IVF or IUI as the body considers the baby as forgein object and tries to get rid of it.
- One healthy pregnancy and all miscarriages after that
- Immune disorders in mother such as lupus or
- Unexplained Infertility
- Family History of immune disorders or miscarriages
- Stunted fetal growth in previous pregnancies
What are the Tests Available for Immune Fertility Testing?
- Antisperm Antibody Test – Sometimes the female body take the sperm as a foreign object and kills it there and then. This eliminates all the chances of getting pregnant. This antibody is tested to check for this type of immune disorder. It can also happen in males, the body of the male takes its sperm as a foregin object thereby killing it. This is also a rare phenomena.
- Embryo Signaling – The embryo (baby in the womb) releases HLA G antigen in the mother’s body. This allows it to stay in the womb and grow. Sometimes, in immune disorders, this antigen is attacked by the mother’s antibodies which then leads to miscarriage.
- Test for Inherited or Acquired Thrombophilia – This is a genetic disorder where the mother’s blood is thick and sticky in nature. This condition deprives the embryo from adequate blood supply it needs to grow properly.
- Auto-immune Factors Screening – This screening helps in determining the auto-immune factors such as Anti-nuclear antibodies (ANA), anti-histone bodies etc.
- If the natural killer cells or T cells are in increased amount in a mother’s body, then they can be harmful to the fetus.
- Other immune fertility tests are Cytokine ratio tests, Leukocyte antibody detection (LAD) Tests etc.
Immune fertility tests are very important in case of frequent miscarriages as it is very depressing and devastating for the couple. Call us (+91 45890000 | +91 9910120674) to meet the best fertility doctors in Delhi here.