+91-11-45890000, 9910120674 Mon - Sat: 8am to 7pm email@example.com
Pre-genetic Screening and Diagnosis
Pre genetic screening is the testing of embryos for any genetic diseases. This testing is done before planting it in the mother’s womb during IVF procedure. The screening can be PGS for any chromosomal abnormality or Pre Genetic Disease (PGD) screening for any underlying genetic disorder. The PGD and PGS are performed to create healthy babies without any genetic abnormality and birth defects.
About 3 to 8 cells are taken from every day 5 embryo (blastocyst) and tested for any abnormality. The healthy embryo is then implanted in the mother’s womb.
Who can benefit from PGD and PGS screening
- Couple having any genetic disorders
- Couples having any family history of some genetic diseases
- Screening for single gene disorders such as cystic fibrosis etc
- For the production of a donor baby (the exact stem cell match for a kid who needs bone marrow implant from a sibling)
- Mother in her late 30s or 40s
- Couple with a history of recurrent miscarriages
Although it is advised to do the screening of every embryo before implantation, but it is essential for couples having the symptoms mentioned above.
Contact our fertility specialists for best IVF treatment in delhi for a healthy and happy baby!